Hospital

It's been a while since last time I wrote things in English. Guess I should put more effort on it now, since I absolutely do not want my English skills to vanish.

Hospital. It is not pleasurable to stay there, of course. As a patient. My 'hospitalized experiences' is more than needed, for a person as old as I am. I suppose. I used to grieve so much...now I tend not to care or think much about it.

What can you see in a hospital? Sick patients. Exhausted doctors. Anxious families. Overworked cleaning services. Some dedicated some bored staffs. Angels. God of Death. All of the elements are deliberately or not, directly or not, related to life and death. The atmosphere inside is always unique. Mixed of happiness, sadness, hope, desperation, passion, anger, frustration, believing...
As I lie down on a hospital bed, I am wondering. How many people died on this bed? How many people survived? How was the feeling of families crying by the bed? Were they losing hope? How could they stay strong? Were the patients suffering inside out? Will I die? Will I survive? I am allright, am I allright?

I found an interesting concept of shinigami (soul reaper) in Black Butler manga. In the story, when the shinigami cuts a dying person using their death scythe, a memory record will be played. It's a kind of live life review, like a biographical movie of someone's lifetime. Indeed I believe, at the end of every journey, one tends to reminiscene how it begins. The imaginary concept of lifetime movie pretty nails it, I think. When I think about it, about tens or hundreds or thousands of lifetime movies must be played in hospitals...every second.

Hospital. A weird place to seek for living, either for the employees or the patients. I don't like the place, at all. But without this place, I think the death and unemployment rate will escalate to the level of madness. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Tentang Menengok Rumput Tetangga

Graduated

Graduate Student